The little one is snoozing in her car seat, where she’s been ever since we got back from taking her daddy breakfast in the field. The humidity is building to it’s 91 degree climax today. (A little sticky in this un-airconditioned house) I woke up with a sore throat and cough, and two weeks worth of tiredness. Definitely ready to get back to a normal schedule of being at home and not commuting to the hospital every day.
This is my How To Deal With Friday Exhaustion plan. (At least for today)
1. Sit on the couch and drink coffee and pretend all the strawberries, laundry, dishes, lunch prep, weeding, watering, and supper packing up aren’t staring you in the face. (Okay, so ignoring the work isn’t going to make it go away, but giving yourself a breather is important.)
2. Make a list. Put even the smallest of tasks on the list, to give yourself the satisfaction of crossing off completed items. 🙂 Include things such as blog and make that strawberry pie crust that has been pushed to the back burner for days. (In other words, work that is more pleasurable to the taste buds and creative).
3. Be very very thankful for the extremely long nap Avi is taking. And hope she’s happy for the rest of the day!
4. Listen to online podcasts to make boring tasks more enjoyable.
5. Promise myself a reward when work list is completed. Iced coffee and a good book? Yes please. 🙂
How do you cope when exhaustion comes to visit and you need to motivate yourself?