Ahhh… crisp Ginger Gold apples and 3 hour chai tea. Cozy bedtime snack and soothing music. Fall is just around the corner!
I liked how Julie posted about all the little things that popped out at her on Sunday. I’ve been feeling rather bombarded with all sorts of little truths and verses and encouragement lately. Mom calls them little nuggets. This is my version of Little Nuggets.
- Nuggets from Marcus’ sermon on Sunday: (there were lots more, but these were just the random ones I happened to write down)
*What is it that keeps us from running well? “…let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us…” [Hebrews 12:1] What’s hanging on and hindering us? Are we willing to do a heart check every so often and examine our lives?
*One thing that marks a person of faith: they keep giving to the bigger story. He said this in reference to the fact that the heroes of faith died without seeing the bigger picture that they were contributing to, yet they still lived a life of faith. For example, Abraham never lived to see his descendants and could not have imagined how huge the Jewish nation would be today.
*It’s less important where you are in your journey than the direction you are going. (So so true!)
- A card waiting for me in our church mailbox that made me grin a funny little grin both times I read it, just because it was so sweet. 😀 “I can’t wait to see where God takes you and what He has in store for you!” (Thanks dear!)
- A text on Sunday evening, stemming from a great prayer and share time that morning with two dear sisters. “I just got the thought that no matter what each of us is going through, God is blessing us richly! Even when we are in the depths of despair… or we think we are. ;)” (Side note: prayer & share time outside when church is in town can be quite interesting- especially when it involves shirtless old men taking their pack of little yappy dogs out for a walk. Just imagine the pack of yappy little dogs rushing pell-mell out the door and straight for the curious-looking Mennonite girls and then later much loud bellowing of the dog’s names… uh yeah…)
- Chatting with Grace while crafting flowers on Monday and talking about being thankful and praising God even when circumstances aren’t ideal. She told me something that someone told her – let’s see if I can remember how she phrased it. When we praise even when it hurts or feels hard, we’re bringing a sacrifice of praise. Because it’s a sacrifice to praise then and not naturally easy.
- “But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation say continually, “Great is the Lord!” As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and deliverer; do not delay, O my God!” (Psalm 40:16-17) Love the Psalms!
- I got this text from my LBS friend Rebecca yesterday morning, “We’re not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” -C.S. Lewis
- Another text last night from Naomi (I have awesome friends – they’re always sending me verses or quotes or sweet words!), “Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at the right hand there are pleasures forevermore.” [Psalm 16:11] Especially meaningful when one is pondering joy and how to live in it.
- “I’m very pleased!!” said by Linda at work this morning about having me working with her. Small compliment, but when you haven’t been positively affirmed in your job for years, little words make your heart soar.
- This verse has been popping up everywhere I turn the last few weeks — so I finally got the hint and made it “my verse”. One morning last week I sent it out to random people and all the replies totally blew me away! So many people responded that they needed to hear it that morning. (I had no idea! Praise the Lord!) Turns out it was Grace’s verse too… She has it hanging above her kitchen sink so I got inspired and printed it out too. 😀 “I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13)
A small taste of little nuggets God’s been bringing to my attention lately — and I’m sure there are lots more I’m forgetting!
Comment and add your own, if you feel so inspired.
[Bonus pictures that really have nothing to do with this post]
This cookie picture is in case anyone has misconceptions about the perfection of my baking abilities. There ya have it — my glorious cookie flops! 😉 (They were remedied by adding more flour)
Discovering this picture on my memory card tonight made me giggle! Meet the beloved Winnie the Pooh friends 😉 Note poor earless Tigger — Isaac solemnly told me last week, “Tigger broke.” I must admit, I thought it was rather amusing. :p